NJAPE has provided dozens of professional staff development trainings for professionals, school systems, day programs, and other agencies. Our training workshops and certification programs have proven to be an effective method for groups to improve their knowledge base and ensure the highest quality of skill instruction. Please contact us if you are interested in one of our customized programs.
NJAPE was selected as a finalist for “Favorite Special-Needs Regional Resource” in the About.com 2013 Readers’ Choice Awards. Only five programs across the entire country were selected, and we were the only one selected in the field of inclusive movement services.
NJAPE has been selected to be part of the “Contact the Expert” National Directory for the Parent Center (PC) Project on Adapted Physical Education Services. The PC Project is funded by the Department of Education -The Office for Special Education Programs.
NJAPE was awarded as The 2014 Employer of the Year by Community Access Unlimited.
NJAPE has contributed to numerous publications that support the growth of Inclusive Movement services. Most recently in the 2015 People & Families edition “Looking Back, Learning Ahead 25 years of The ADA”
NJAPE was a contributor to the July 2017 New Jersey Monthly article on Recreation and Sports opportunities for people with disabilities. Click the here: NJMONTHLY
NJAPE has served a diverse range of organizations and groups.
- Special Olympics New Jersey
- Bergen County’s United Way
- Newark Public Schools
- Montclair State University
- Millburn Public Schools
- Woodbridge Public Schools
- Spotswood Public Schools
- Morristown Public Schools
- Montville Township
- Linden Township Public Schools
- Montvale Township Public Schools
- Kean University
- SUNY Cortland University
- Fort Lee Public Schools
- Wall Township Public Schools
- Ben Samuels Childrens Center
- Clifton Public Schools
- Autism New Jersey
- Little Falls Township
- Bergen County Community College
- New Jersey Education Association
- Eastern District AAHPERD
- Coalition of Infant and Toddler Educators
- PASSE – Parents Advocating For Special Services in Education
- Red Ribbon Academy
- Montclair Public Schools
- Cedar Grove Family Support Group – R.E.A.L.I.S.E
- Verona Family Support Group – C.H.I.L.D
Statewide Parent Advocacy Network – Conference for Fathers of Children with Special Needs
- Caldwell Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Garfield Public Schools
- Cedar Grove Public Schools
- “Preston’s March for Energy” – Delaware
- Mercer County Special Services Schools
- Kidville of Montclair
- Seton Hall University
- New Era of Inclusive Movement Services Conference
- Bayonne Fun Factory Special Needs Family Group
- Sayreville Public Schools
- Rockville Township – Maryland
- Summit Public School (teacher)
- PLAY DAY Movement Conference 2015
- 2015 Parent Leadership Conference
- Ridgewood Public Schools
- New Jersey Coalition for Inclusive Education
- Inclusion Works Foundation Conference
- Westfield Public Schools
“Thank you for providing us with a practical workshop regarding our “movement program” today. ALL of the staff (and they are a tough group) really enjoyed the workshop and found it to be very useful. In fact, 3 of them told me it was the best PD opportunity they have had in 20 years since they have been here!
I plan on debriefing with the PE and PT department (movement team) after Thanksgiving. I would like to start with some common planning, perhaps using a GOOGLE doc as a shared item for PE and PT to communicate. I also want to share out some ideas for moving forward so we can start building “iron ships”.
Overall, your presentation really made me think (which I love) and I feel like I have some direction to move towards for building a comprehensive movement program that is STUDENT CENTERED”. I will be in touch soon.
Supervisor, Mercer High School
Mercer County Special Services School District